Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I HAVE A.D.D!!!! And an update

Yeah...so. I have A.D.D. If that wasn't obvious - it's been a month since I started this blog, and this is only my 2nd entry. I'm trying people. I went yesterday to a head doctor who took all of 20 minutes to determine what me, my entire family and my friends have known all my life - I have A.D.D. So - I left with a prescription to help me focus - YAY!!! (More on this to come :))

Update update update. Well - since I last checked in - I've started my monthly appointments for weight management with my PCP. In the first month, I lost 9.something pounds. That's almost double digits. Woot woot! The biggest change I made was almost cutting out soda's. Dr. Pepper and I are like one. I was never without one. And if I happen to run out - the world STOPPED so I could run to the store and get one. Last month, I cut it down to one a day - in the morning because I so don't drink coffee. Well, now my new goal is to cut it out completely. I've had one since last Friday. And no withdrawals as of yet! Of course, it does help that I've replaced the Dr. Pepper with sweet tea - which gives me my caffiene fix. Maybe one day I'll progress to unsweetened tea. Nahhhh...I'm from the south - and we southern girls LOOOVE our sweet tea :)

In order for my insurance to pay for my surgery, I have to have a co-morbidity. We found one!! I went last month for a sleep study, and after the best night sleep in weeks, it was determined I have sleep apnea. How does one do that - go get hooked up to all these electrodes, wires, patches, etc - and sleep more soundly than she has in weeks? Well, imagine my excitement when they called back and asked me to come in for a 2nd study. Heck yeah!!! Can I come tonight??? Can I stay the weekend??? How bout I just move in?? I cook and occassionally clean. Yeah, I was only booked for a one night stay :(. But, hopefully, this will take care of me feeling sooo tired throughout the day.

I told my husband that I thought maybe I really had ADHD, but that I was just too damn tired to be hyper. He didn't see the humor in that. At all. LOL

Hopefully by fall, I'll know my fate when it comes to insurance and their big ole' "APPROVED" or "DENIED" stamp on my paperwork.

Hmmm...anything else?? Well, I go for my psych eval next week. This has brought moments of hilarity to my family as they are taking bets as to whether I will be headed straight for the padded rooms, or if I'll get a phone call first. I fail to see what they are talking about ;o)

1 comment:

  1. You are greatly upbeat about this process. Good luck and welcome!

    ReplyDelete